Pianos can go anywhere from 500 to 1400 pounds. Hence, if you’re moving or have an old broken piano you want to get rid of, it might be pretty challenging to move it by yourself. That’s where EZ CleanUp comes into the picture and provides Piano Removal services. If you’re located in Philadelphia, you can call us up and get rid of your junk in a heartbeat.
How to Move an Upright Piano
These pianos are quite smaller than grand pianos, which makes them a bit easier to move around. Still, you are going to need some instructions to make sure everything is done safely.
Firstly, place it in a piano dolly and make sure you have one person at each end lifting it with you. Then carefully roll it out to the moving truck and put it down. Next, take it off the dolly and tightly tie it up to the side of the vehicle.
Afterward, you’re all ready to leave for your new destination. Just use the dolly for placing it again in its new home and let it sit where it should be.
How to Move a Grand Piano
Now we’re faced with the big boss of pianos. This is going to be a more significant challenge than upright pianos, but if we walk you through it, you don’t have anything to worry about.
You need to make sure the piano is away from any wall or other objects that might interfere with the removal. Cover the piano with three blankets and secure them with shrink wrap for extra protection.
Then, you remove the pedals to open up more room for pivoting to the side. You do the same with the left leg, tilt it onto the skid board, and then lift.
Once the piano is finally balanced, you can remove the rest of the legs and wrap them up in blankets to keep them protected. Now you can secure the piano to the board and roll it out to the truck.
Afterward, you can take out the dolly and secure it to the wall with some ties. Then you can drive to the following location with your piano being completely safe.
The procedure for taking it out is pretty similar, place it again on the dolly and roll it to its new home. Take it off the dolly and reassemble two of its legs and pedals. Finally, you can put the last leg into place after you tip it over.
Move Your Piano With EZ Cleanup
If all of this sounded like too much work for you, don’t worry about it. You can always hire a professional to do it much cleaner and safer. Lucky for you, we are the best in Philadelphia for moving pianos and other junk.
It’s as easy as following these three steps:
- Get your price from our fixed set of prices.
- Schedule a pick-up date according to your availability.
- Get it hauled away by our team of trained professionals.
Click here to easily book online
If you want to make sure that your piano stays safe until it arrives at your new destination, you’re going to need a lot of strength and technique. Keep on reading to find out some handy tips to do this!
Tips For Moving a Piano
- You should pad the entire piano to prevent its parts from hitting the sides of the truck while on the road. You can use cloth or shrink-wrap; the latter is especially good for satin-finish pianos.
- Use pads in certain parts of the piano to create leverage and prevent constantly lifting it to remove its legs.
- The usage of a dolly and a grand board can be helpful to lift and secure the piano in your desired position safely.
- Disassemble it by removing the legs and all the loose parts you can find. This way, you prevent any accidents from happening while on the road.
- Wrap it up in blankets, and don’t leave any of its parts exposed to avoid unnecessary bumping.
- Use straps to secure it to the side of the truck to ensure it doesn’t move.
Piano Removal Philadelphia FAQ
Should I tune my piano after moving it?
The removal shouldn’t affect the tuning in your piano. However, the new environment you’re placing it in can mess up its tuning. That’s why we recommend getting it tuned after a couple of weeks in its new place.
Can I get my piano removed if I’m not in Philadelphia?
We’re a junk removal Philadelphia company, we provide services to the whole city of Philadelphia and surrounding counties such as Bucks, Delaware, and Montgomery.
If you’re located outside of these areas but not too far away, contact us and let’s see, Maybe we can make a special trip for you!
How many people are needed to move a piano?
You can require about two or four people, depending on the piano size.
How can I make the process easier for you?
You can move everything out of the way of the piano, so we have enough space to work with and not damage anything.
More things we take:
- Furniture removal services
- Bulky Items Removal
- Television Disposal
- Exercise Equipment Removal
- Hot Tub Removal